23 October 2008

My Agony

I had a root canal on Tuesday. I had been to the dentist about two months ago and she said that she would try to fix my aching tooth, but if that didn't work then I should come back for a root canal. Well, I could soon tell that whatever she had done hadn't worked because my toothache came back about a week later. So I knew what was going to happen next, and I wasn't looking forward to it.

I held off for as long as I could, but the pain eventually became unbearable. So on Monday I made an appointment and on Tuesday I went to face the music. The dentist told me that the anaesthetic injection would hurt a bit more than usual and she wasn't kidding. I had to wiggle my feet like crazy to avoid flinching and pulling away. But as much as it hurt going in, it did a fantastic job once it was there. The dentist left me alone for a few minutes, then came back and asked how it felt. I said "The pain is gone. I'm cured. I can go home now." but she wouldn't let me leave.

The treatment only took about half an hour but now I have to go back for more every month for up to twelve months. Yay me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must post more often, for goodness sakes.
- Karen

MartyBanana said...

...said the pot to the kettle. :)

Taz said...

Poor Marty. That doesn't sound like much fun at all =(.

Anonymous said...

what time is your appointment???? Tooth hurty?

chris g

MartyBanana said...

Actually it was. The dentist is in the next town which is 80km away so afternoon appointments are the most convenient. My next appointment is tomorrow, also at tooth hurty?

MartyBanana said...

Oops. Ignore the errant question mark at the end of my previous comment. OK?

Anonymous said...

Hey Scotty, long time no read!
I had a root canal performed at the begining of the year and I can tell ya that I still can't decide which pain is worse, the tooth ache or the pain paying for it!!! :(

Love Anniepannie

Post a Comment