28 May 2007

Heat-seeking

Yesterday I was at my Mum and Dad’s house playing darts with two of my brothers. After about five or six games they started paying me out quite savagely because I hadn’t won a game yet. Mum said it was good that they were paying me out because it meant they weren’t paying her out, which is more usual. Then my wife asked me if we would be finished soon because she wanted to hit the road. I said I would just finish the current game.

Mum thought she would join in my brothers' fun and said "It’s a good thing you didn’t say you would just play until you won a game, or you’d be here all night."

My brothers immediately seized the opportunity to turn on Mum:

"I was almost going to say that but thought it would be too cruel."

"What a horrible thing to say, Mum."

"Have you no concern for people’s feelings?"

"It’s bad enough that he can’t win a game, without someone rubbing it in like that."

...and various other comments. It was hilarious.

2 comments:

Karen said...

isn't Debbie about to pop your 100th kid? Are you sure you guys aren't Mormons! Ha, couldn't resist a little good natured ribbing.
Against advice, I'm using my laptop on my balcony so that all of my neighbours can case it and then later, steal it. it is that kind of neighbourhood.
carry on.
karen

MartyBanana said...

Yes, the Banana clan is indeed about to expand. In about six weeks time there will be eight of us.

Hurrah for balcony-sitting weather. I'm pretty sure your neighbours will leave your laptop alone if you tell them about the mice.

Post a Comment