09 June 2009

Knock-knock joke

We have all heard many, many knock-knock jokes and, from my observation, they are mostly corny at best. I have heard very few knock-knock jokes in my time that I would actually call funny. Although, as Garfield the cat once said, funny is in the eye of the beholder.

So you might not think this joke is funny but I do, and I have never failed to get a laugh when telling it:

Me: Knock-knock.

You: Who’s there?

Me: Interrupting cow.

You: Interrup-

Me: MOOOOOOOOO!!

I tried to tell it to my son once while we were sitting at the dinner table, but we kept getting stuck half-way through. For some reason the phrase “interrupting cow” really tickled his funny bone. I would say “interrupting cow” and he would laugh uncontrollably. We must have started over about 15 times. It took at least ten minutes to get through to the punch line, by which time he was all laughed out so it was a bit of an anti-climax. But it was good entertainment for the rest of the family who were watching and laughing along with us.

It’s the best value I have ever had out of a knock-knock joke.

Try it on your friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hardehardada, have to tell the kids that one! Angus' fav at the moment is ....who's there? ...bear ...bear who ...bare bum ...and then he just cracks up and so does everyone else cos he's so funny!

Post a Comment