20 February 2008

My dream car

Like all fans of the TV show Top Gear, my ultimate dream car is the Aston Martin DB9. It's ludicrously expensive and completely unattainable, but if I had squillions of dollars that's the car I would drive. My other pie-in-the-sky dream car is the BMW 5-series. That's the one I would buy with what was left over if I won the lottery and spent most of the winnings on a big house for my growing family. Realistically, both cars are unattainable for me, but there is nothing wrong with having dreams and there are different levels of dreaming.

At a lower level my dream car is the Ford Fairmont. This is the I-might-be-able-to-afford-it-one-day-if-I-work-really-hard dream car that I have always considered to be realistically attainable, "one day". Well, blog fans, I am pleased to announce that I am now the proud owner of this car. Well, not that exact car, but that make and model. Mine is white. She's nowhere near brand new, but she is in very good shape and she goes like a dream. I've had her for a few weeks now and I couldn't be happier with her, but she needs a name.

Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, nice. The car my friends have here at the moment is a fairmont. It's fun to drive; I love the rear sensor thingo that beeps when you're too close to something.

Anniepannie said...

Isn't it nice to reach dreams even if they are only little ones! I was going to suggest Wally, White Wally. But you have already established that the car is female so how about Fanny? Fanny Fairmont. ....Why on earth would you want to name your car? Don't you have enough names to remember?!

Taz said...

PS I forgot the name thing. Of course such a butch woman of a car is a drag queen:

I went here and typed in 'Ford Fairlane.

Lois Carmen Denominator

Hehe - I think Lois is a great name for your girl there =).

MartyBanana said...

Ha - Lois Carmen Denominator!

I love it!

And not just because I'm a mathematician.

Lois it is.

Christopher said...

Hi Martin
i would love to catch up. email me and i will send you my phone number. hope you and yours r well.

Chris

Post a Comment