08 September 2007

Death By Jogging

I went for a 10km run today as part of my training for the City to Bay fun run in Adelaide next weekend. I enjoy running but it was tough today for a couple of reasons.

Whenever I go for a run, I head North from my house along a straight road for half the distance I want to cover, then I turn around and run home. Today I ran North for 5km into a strong head wind which is harder than it sounds. Of course, when I turned around I had the wind at my back, which made it easier, but I'd had to work a lot harder than usual to get there.

At about the 7km mark I was really huffing and puffing when I did one of those rhythmic farts that comes out a little bit more each time your foot strikes the ground. By now the wind was at my back and it blew the fart forward so I could smell nothing else for about 10 or 12 steps. Remember - huffing and puffing - I nearly collapsed on the road, choking on my own fart. Yuck!

2 comments:

Taz said...

You're all class babe =)

Anonymous said...

thats hilarious!
look forward to coming for a run with you one day, remember when we used to do that? .....NO farting tho! Anne X

Post a Comment