07 August 2007

Parting shots

The Education Department in a particular Australian state that shall remain nameless, sends one of two standard form letters to employees who resign. I know this because when I resigned they sent me one of each.

The first one said, rather cryptically, that because I had left under unfavourable circumstances (huh?), if I was to seek employment with the department again in future, those circumstances would be taken into account, reducing the chance of my application being successful. This puzzled me greatly, because I thought that I had left on good terms. Then I got the second letter.

The second letter said that the department was sad to see me go, that I had been a highly valued employee and that if I was to seek employment with the department again in future, they would love to have me back.

You can guess which letter I kept.

7 comments:

Taz said...

Tag! you're it!

MartyBanana said...

Hey Taz,

Thanks for thinking of me but, in case you hadn't noticed, this isn't that kind of blog.

Marty.

Taz said...

You suck balls!

In case you hadn't noticed!

MartyBanana said...

Awwwwww, you say the nicest things.

Taz said...

LMAO - damnit! What's the point of censoring comments when you let doozies like that through? You were meant to read and delete.

MartyBanana said...

I wanted the world to know how refined and lady-like you are.

Besides, it's not censorship; it's an anti-spam measure.

:)

Taz said...

Check: No more drunken posting to Martin's blog. I decided to wait until I was hungover this time =)

Post a Comment