18 June 2007

That's just weird, man

Pregnancy does strange things to women - ask any dad. We all know about the cravings for strange foods, like pickles with ice-cream, but there are other, lesser known effects that are often quite bizarre.

My brother-in-law once told me that pregnant women don't get jokes. I have since observed that phenomenon myself. I've also noticed loss of memory, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, incoherent speech and insensitivity to freezing cold weather. But the strangest pregnancy-related malady I have encountered happened just the other day. Actually it happened during the night but I only found out about it when I woke up that morning.

When I got up my wife said to me, "I woke up at two o'clock this morning and couldn't get back to sleep because THE HAIRS ON MY LEGS WERE HURTING."

Seriously, she had to shave her legs before she could go back to sleep.

Now that's just weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! Isn't little Karen due to pop out any day?
- Karen

MartyBanana said...

Not quite yet. Some time after the 6th of July we reckon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Martin,

=) We should catch up and play darts sometime if you can manage it. Let me know when the bub is born. I think Dominic would be a good name for a boy. I've always been partial to the name Alexander too. Boring I know, but good names, and difficult to hang shit on - important in kids names I think.

My blog can be found at my myspace site www.myspace.com/desertdyke though to be honest I'm thinking about putting it up here instead. I've only been on myspace a few days, and aleady I'm over it.

Take care

Taz

MartyBanana said...

Hi Taz,

Nice to hear from you.

Desert Dyke, huh? I thought your shirt buttons were on the wrong side.

I agree, Myspace is totally gay.

Marty.

Taz said...

Yay! Baby. Congratulations Martin, though I should probably let you e-announce this yourself, but I wanted to be first in =).

<3 to you, your girl, and the kids - especially the newest.

Post a Comment