24 August 2007

I'm officially FREAKED OUT!

I know this is unbelievable but I swear it's true. I took this photo in Adelaide two weeks ago and it's freaking me out.

I had gone to Victoria Square at about 1:00am with black and white film in my camera to try to take some interesting night shots. The fountain had been switched off and there was no one around, so I was wandering around the tram station even though I knew that the trams stop running at 11:00pm. It was cold and nothing was happening so I was about to give up and go home when I heard what sounded like an approaching tram, but there was nothing coming along the tracks. The noise got louder and louder and I was peering down the tracks to try to see the tram but there was nothing there. Then suddenly there was a flash of light and I saw a tram about 20 or 30 metres away and hurtling toward me at about 80 to 100km an hour. I quickly raised my camera and snapped this shot and then felt the force of the wind from the tram rushing past. I turned to watch the tram speed away but it had disappeared. I sat on the bench for a long time, scratching my head and trying to figure out what had just happened. I left at about 3:00am and traveled back home the next day.

As soon as I got home I sent my film away for processing and the prints arrived today. Like I said, it's freaking me out. I swear to you this is a single exposure photo taken with my 35mm SLR camera and it has not been altered or "photoshopped" in any way, and I have the negative to prove it. Even if you don't believe in the supernatural you have to admit, this is pretty bizarre.



3 comments:

Drew said...

This is a great way to get traffic to your blog. Well done! (and very clever photography too!)

Taz said...

Very cynical drew =)

I'm going to make you show me the negative Martin, then I'll get back to the people here =)

MartyBanana said...

Any time you want, Taz. You know where I live.

Post a Comment